Sunday, April 15, 2012

Walk MS 2012

This weekend I had the honor of leading a team for Walk MS South Sound. This came on the anniversary of my one year mark with MS. Around the middle of April last year was when my first episode began. It was a scary few months that followed and I wanted to start the anniversary of that event off on a positive note. Thanks to the work of my teammates we won a tent on team row and several people were able to learn more about the Swank Diet.
Here are a few photos from the event.

Posing with The Monkey. How cool are those orange frames?!
Sharing information about the Swank Diet.


This one tugs at the heart strings for me.

I just had to have my picture taken with our virtual walkers.
We drew them on balloons so they could join us on the walk.
Look at that view!!

This viewing spot was the perfect place for a rest on our trek up the big hill.

Thanks again to everyone that donated and joined me for the journey. It was an incredible experience.

2 comments:

  1. I am so proud of you! You've taken something awful and used it to inspire and educate those around you. I am so glad that I was able to walk with you, and look forward to doing it again next year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was great having you on the team as well. I look forward to next year and the even bigger goals we will be able to annihilate.
      Thank you for all your support!!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...