Friday, February 17, 2012

Cajun Green Beans

I had my first experience with Cajun Green Beans at a friends house. This is the same friend who sparked The Great Smoked Cream Cheese Obsession of 2011. I'm not sure if she is evil or wonderful for introducing me to these things, but I will SURELY keep her around to find out.

I decided these NEEDED to be made at our Mardi Maigre blogger night. We enjoyed them along side delicious open faced Po Boys and Kings Cake that Bree made and the Gumbo I wrote about earlier this week.

Cajun Green Beans
1 large family size can of french sliced green beans
1.5 slices turkey bacon, chopped
1 tbs garlic
1/2 to 1 tbs Cajun Seasoning

Cook turkey bacon until crispy, add garlic and cook for 1 minute. Drain almost all the liquid from the can of beans. Add beans to the sauce pan along with Cajun seasoning. Cook until all the liquid has evaporated.

It's kinda like the taco meat procedure. I always hated adding water along with the seasoning and having to wait FOREVER for it to evaporate. I didn't understand the purpose until the day I got lazy and didn't add it. The depth of flavor just isn't there, so trust me. Let it cook for a bit.


These beans were so good it inspired a very similar creation.
I'll tell you more about Roasted Cajun Broccoli next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...