Tuesday, April 12, 2011

I am human hear me roar

Someday, when I am older and wiser, I will understand that I don't need to be perfect. That will be a happy day, with less stress, and more celebrations.  I hope that day is soon.

To recap, I had my 3 month check-up with my endocrinologist yesterday. I was a wreck leading up to it. I knew that I hadn't followed all the diet rules 100% of the time. I knew that I let my knee injury keep me from working out. And I knew that I could either have excuses or results and this time I had excuses.

I don't keep a scale at home, my weight loss has been measured by how the pants fit. I knew that they were loose, but I also anticipated them being much looser at the 3 month mark. Because of this I was ready for a verbal lashing from the doctor. Anyway... in 3 months I have shed 15 pounds. At 5 pounds a month it isn't a dramatic change, but it's still in the right direction.

There was no verbal lashing from the doctor...in fact he was very supportive. I've had success such as giving up sugar and accepting this change.  I've also learned to tell when my blood sugar is low and when my crazy emotional outbursts are sugar related and when they aren't.

So here we go... 3 months till the next check-up and a 12-hour fasting blood test.  This round I'm aiming for 20 pounds. That means about a pound and a half to lose a week...that's totally doable...right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...