Monday, April 11, 2011

Nerves and Priorities... a quick rant.

I have been soooooo hungry lately...and tired...and this headache is a constant occurrence in my life.
I can blame it on my lack of transportation, and the fact that I haven't had a B-12 injection in 3 weeks. (Side note, in addition to Hashimoto's and being Hypoglycemic I also have Pernicious Anemia and get B-12 injections every 2 weeks. Yes, I'm broken.)
But really, the reality is that I haven't made myself a priority. I do ok in the morning when the desire to do the right thing is strong... but during the rest of the day it slowly unwinds.
Snack times have been few and far between and I find myself moving the carb and protein snack to add in my lunch or dinner. I understand that the purpose is to eat small meals that will sustain me throughout the day, but it is really hard to schedule them. It's easy to make work or friends or family a priority, but how do I make snack time a priority?
Of course, this is much bigger than snack time. My priorities come into play with work outs, and weekend meals and don't even get me started on social events.
So back to the title... the nerves. I realized this week that my follow-up appointment is looming uncomfortably close. I'm not ready. I have NOT been great about following the rules 24/7. I don't think I've lost enough weight to pacify the evil doctor. And every single excuse I have thought of comes down to me not having my priorities in the right place.
I don't want to go.

2 comments:

  1. this sounds good to even me. Do you eat it with bread, crackers,rye krisps or what? It would be good for afternoon break.Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you are talking about the Pico de Gallo, it is great with whole grain super healthy chips, or in a tortilla, or with brown rice... I'll have a few more blogs about the Hypo Pico in the next few weeks. I'm pretty obsessed with it lately.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...