Sunday, May 29, 2011

Best Work Lunch Ever!

I love making people jealous of my delicious food, don't you?
The last 2 days I've been especially mean with my lunch at work.
The drool my co-workers exhibited made me very very proud. Now you can cause an uprising at work too. Here's how:

Yeah, I know right? I made that at work... in 3 minutes....on a paper plate...with leftovers.
*insert evil laughter here*

Best Work Lunch Ever
1 ounce salmon
1 huge hand full Spinach
1 cup fresh sliced mushrooms
1/3 cup leftover whole wheat Couscous
McCormick's Montreal Steak Seasoning
Combine salmon, couscous and mushrooms on a microwavable plate. Sprinkle some sort of seasoning on top. I'm addicted to McCormick's Steak Seasoning and put it on almost everything. Microwave on high for 2-3 minutes or until the salmon flakes apart easily. Tear the spinach apart and toss it into the warmed mixture. As the spinach is warmed it will wilt, this is good... we like this. Now we eat it.

Now sure, you could pre-mix this together and heat it up at the office, but there is something fun about building a beautiful lunch in front of your peers.

I also broke the rules here. The allowed protein is 1 ounce, it's about the size of my thumb. A cooked piece of meat, the size of a deck of cards is equal to 3 ounces. I'm pretty sure in my hunger I tossed in about that entire deck. I also doubled the veggies.

I'm not too worried though because there were no fats added to this meal. None. Plus it was amazing.... completely amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...