Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Withdrawls and hunger pains

One of the things that prompted my doctor to subject me to the HORRIBLE Glucose Tolerance Test was the fact that I was always hungry. I could sit down and polish off half a large pizza by myself and be hungry a few hours later. So maybe it is the hunger pains, maybe it is the caffeine withdrawals or maybe it is the sugar withdrawals. I don't know what it is exactly, but I am miserable. I hate this life.
I want coffee.
I want an English muffin with peanut butter and jelly, or an apple fritter.
I don't want to think about what I can eat or when I have to eat or how much I can have. It's exhausting!
There is nothing in my home that I can have for dinner. I had a business lunch where there was nothing I could eat. There is a BBQ at my house this weekend and I don't know what to do for people. Why should I cook big elaborate meals and entertain when I can't enjoy any of it myself?
I have dieted before with great results and I know the drill. Consume fewer calories than you burn. It was simple. This is insane.
I have poured over the Diabetic Exchange Diet that was prescribed and I still believe that this is crazy. How am I supposed to go from 2500 calories a day (that is my recommended daily intake based on my height, weight and lifestyle) to 1200 calories? It seems idiotic to cut calories by that much, that quickly. He wants me to workout too!  Is it really smart to send someone with low blood sugar who's taken a drastic cut in calories out to workout by themselves for an hour three times a week? UGH!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...